I’m sitting here, giving myself a big, ole’ pat on the back. Because it happened. I started AND finished a holiday craft this weekend! For those who know me, this is truly a feat. Normally, my crafting process goes like this:
1. Start a craft
2. Get 1/3 of the way through, and decide it’s heinous and disgusting and an insult to Martha
3. Spend 20 minutes trying to fix it but instead make it even more heinous
4. Vow to fix everything in the morning, after an emergency trip to Michael’s (dismiss the obnoxious little voice that says You’ve already spent $50 on this hopeless disaster)
5. Realize at Michael’s that I should really start over; do what’s natural and buy everything
6. Start the craft again, decide I suck at crafts, and leave all of my supplies in the corner of my room for weeks until I can finally bring myself to trash everything
NOT THIS TIME, PEOPLE! I have conquered my crappy crafting pattern, and all is right with the world. Is this revolutionary? No. But I started it, and I finished it, and it cost $20. In my tiny corner of the universe, I feel like a winner.
Here are some pictures of #6 on my holiday list–consider it crossed off!
my supplies: a wreath ($8), mini silver ornaments ($3), pinecones ($6), glitter ($3)–all from Target
(super glue/brushes I had on hand)
It’s not the most glamorous wreath in the world, but it makes me smile because I MADE IT. Snaps for me.